The remnant church is something that many Christians don't think about, because most professing Christians trust that their belief alone in Jesus makes them part of the true church of God, whether or not they are truly walking with the Lord. But is this right, or does God have a true remnant people during these end times? Who is the remnant church talked about in the Bible? Throughout His Word, God has declared that He would keep a people for Himself, a true people who would obey Him and not wander from His truth. Take a look at the following verses:
Isaiah 1:9 ...'Except the LORD of hosts had left unto us a very small remnant, we should have been as Sodom, and we should have been like unto Gomorrah.'
Isaiah 10:20 ...'And it shall come to pass in that day, that the remnant of Israel, and such as are escaped of the house of Jacob, shall no more again stay upon him that smote them; but shall stay upon the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, in truth.'
Jeremiah 23:3 ...'And I will gather the remnant of my flock out of all countries whither I have driven them, and will bring them again to their folds; and they shall be fruitful and increase.'
Jeremiah 31:7 ...'For thus saith the LORD; Sing with gladness for Jacob, and shout among the chief of the nations: publish ye, praise ye, and say, O LORD, save thy people, the remnant of Israel.'
Joel 2:32 ...'And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.'
Romans 9:27 ...'Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved.'
Please don't think that by saying "Israel", that the Bible just means the literal nation of Israel. Because the literal nation of Israel are no longer God's chosen people. Christians have now taken on the name Israel in a spiritual sense.
Did you catch what Paul said above in Romans? Even though the number of the children of Israel is as the sand of the sea, in other words, a HUGE number, only a remnant will be saved. Now we all know what the word remnant means - a small amount left. This applies to the Christian world today. Although there are millions upon millions of professing Christians, only a few in comparison will actually be saved. Now that may shock you, I don't know, but it's the truth. Jesus confirmed in Matthew 7:14 ...'Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.' ... Only few will walk down the narrow path. There are so many professing Christians who are walking down the broad path to destruction, because they believe they can have Jesus in one hand and the world in the other hand. But to be a part of the true remnant church we need to surrender ALL to Christ.
There is a remnant people in these end times who satan is making war with. And what makes them stand out to satan as the true remnant church of God? ... Revelation 12:17 ...'And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.' ... So they are a commandment keeping people (including the seventh day Bible sabbath) and they also have the testimony of Jesus. But what is the testimony of Jesus? ... Revelation 19:10 ...'And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.' ... So the true remnant church of God obey Him and keep His commandments, and they have the spirit of prophecy. In other words, they have a special understanding of Bible prophecy.
And when you have a remnant piece of material, how does it compare to the ORIGINAL? It is exactly the same right? So the end time remnant people will be living their faith in the exact same way as the New Testament church. They "look" the same.
With these things in mind, let's look at the other signs that tell us who the true remnant church is:
1. The remnant church will be a Bible believing church, and stand on the Rock of God's Word alone, rather than on the traditions of man ... John 17:17 ...'Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.'
2. The remnant church will be a people who search the scriptures daily looking for the truth ... John 5:39 ...'Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.'
3. The remnant church will have Jesus Christ at the centre, teaching that He is the ONLY way ... John 14:6 ...'Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.'
4. The remnant church will be watching and waiting for Jesus to return, and will be preaching of His soon physical second coming ... Luke 12:37-39 ...'Blessed are those servants, whom the lord when he cometh shall find watching: verily I say unto you, that he shall gird himself, and make them to sit down to meat, and will come forth and serve them. And if he shall come in the second watch, or come in the third watch, and find them so, blessed are those servants. And this know, that if the goodman of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched, and not have suffered his house to be broken through.'
5. The remnant church, knowing that their bodies are the temple of God, will be health conscious and will not be destroying their bodies with constant junk food, smoking and alcohol ... 1 Corinthians 6:19 ...'What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? ... 1 Corinthians 3:17 ...'If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.'
6. The remnant church will be preaching a message of growing in faith in the Lord and striving to make your election sure ... 2 Peter 1:5-7 ...'And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.' ... 2 Peter 1:10 ...'Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall.' ... Luke 13:24 ...'Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.'
7. The remnant church will be proclaiming the nearness of Christ's second coming and will be preaching the 3 angels message in Revelation and warning the world against the beast's mark ... Revelation 14:6-11 ...'And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people, saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters. And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication. And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, the same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.'
8. The remnant church will be warning the world of sin and teaching that no sin can enter heaven and anyone who CONTINUES to live in sin will not enter into the kingdom of God ... 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 ...'Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.'
9. The remnant church will be the saints as described in Revelation ... Revelation 14:12 ...'Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.' ... The remnant church will not just have faith IN Jesus, they will be keeping the faith OF Jesus. In other words, they are following in His footsteps and obeying God's Law of Love, the Ten Commandments (including the sabbath commandment) ... John 15:10 ...'If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.'
10. The Remnant church will be unified in the teaching of the following important Bible truths ... The Second Coming of Jesus | Truth About the Rapture | Truth About Israel | The Bible Sabbath | The REAL Antichrist | The True Gospel of Christ | Speaking in Tongues | The Bible Truth About Hell | The Ten Commandments | And MUCH more.
So who is the remnant church of God? Who fits the description above, and which church is preaching and teaching the important truths above? There is only one church that fits all of the above characteristics, and that is the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
Please Note: Even though the Seventh-day Adventist church was started by God to take the full gospel and final warning messages to the world, many of the people within the Adventist church are not living for Jesus. So God's TRUE church are those few within the Seventh-day Advent movement who are actively LIVING the truth and sounding the warning to the world.
Not convinced? Then study the above Bible truths and with open eyes you will see that the Adventist church is the only denomination with these truths. Is your church proclaiming the three angel's messages? If not, then why not? The three angel's messages is one of THE most important messages to go to the world in these end times we live in. And the Seventh-day Adventist church is the ONLY church (the faithful few) proclaiming this message.
Are you part of God's remnant? If not, then it's time to come out of Babylon and join with God's end time people.
See the sanctuary message for more evidence of God's remnant church.